Sunday 11 September 2011

Carefully Scrutinizing






Interrupted, in a good way that is. It is nice to go out after hours and hours being in front of the laptop freaking my brain and eyeballs out. I blame my essays for wanting me to have no life whilst Zaky was here. I finally met up with him though last night who visited Melbourne again all the way from Gold Coast and around the world. I had a really good time! Although I wish I wasn't so tired and sleepy towards the end... came home so late and half light-headed which caused me to wake up outside schedule today. I was supposed to go to NGV at 10, but I caught up anyways by taking a real quick shower. I love going to NGV, it's a shame that I never really had the time to fully explore the museum, so I think today was quite nice. I kind of giggled a bit looking at Mark Rothko's work as it reminds me of when I visited his exhibition at Tate's London. My friends and I knew nothing about the meaning of an abstract work and could not understand why he would spend his life painting just colours, whereas some people would even cry looking at his works. It is meant to be emotionally intriguing so based on that, I guess I started to read more about the background of Rothko's works and fell in love with all the colours.

1 comment :

  1. i have EXACTLY the same picture (2nd)! Except the wall were painted black/white!! Haha i love the national gallery. We're s fortunate to go in for free. Hhaha yeah i remember looking at it and was like "wtf" but i kind of regret it since i didn't appreciate it as much and i did not understand what it was all about. I remember elford and jackson telling us "ohhh someday you'll get it".

    Ohh the sandal is from Zara ;) it's really comfy

    ReplyDelete