Friday 9 September 2011

Word






I have been folding a lot of papers for my design studio lately, not necessarily transforming them into some beautiful origami, just random ones that look proportionally fine as I try to construct fields as they unfold. So basically, the idea of folding papers is like narrating a story, a process, or a journey and it will be quite interesting because we're going to insert images and haiku into the fields. Apart from folding papers, this project focuses on a lot of practical works like printmaking and drawing techniques.. oh yes.. I drew Tim today and it actually looked quite awesome, I made him look juuustt a tiiiny bittt liiike a stonehenge. I will put it up soon maybe.

I'm pretty sure everyone has one of those times where they crave for something really bad. The pictures above depict exactly it, one of those random nights again where I crave for pandan coconut + chocolate gelatos at 11 o'clock. All that I needed was a time waster so kudos to Freddo who should be nominated as one of the best place to eat gelatoss, ever and ever and forever. It's cheaper compared to the others especially knowing that they have got a very good range of flavours. One thing that also makes me go there is because of this certain photograph that I am always intrigued by. I just love everyone's expressions, it feels theatrical but not so at the same time? I feel sorry for the woman who looks so intimidated by the kinky glares of the males haha, reminds me so much of when I used to live in Qatar, never go alone to a public place if you're a woman. Anyways, I am unsure who took this photograph though, it's uncredited on the frame so I took a picture in case some day I come across it on the internet or something.

Last but not least, Rachel Comey's ready to wear spring colleccctioooon consists of all the awesomeness of my neeeeeeeeds.



1 comment :

  1. I actually really like the idea of folding paper and interpreting them as a kind of journey, and omg lucky you having gelatos as your next door neighbor. I have kimchi grandma...it's just too much :(

    I adore the collection, trying to go for that 1st and 2nd look mostly <3

    ReplyDelete